HighQ Data Room Overview
HighQ Thomson Reuters is one of the virtual data rooms aimed at helping businesses address daily issues.
What solutions does it offer? What companies can benefit from HighQ’s services? How much does it cost? Find out in the review below.
HighQ Solutions is a virtual data room created for secure file sharing, sensitive information storage, and team collaboration.
The company offers its services to small startups, medium-sized businesses, and large enterprises but focuses on the legal sector. It helps companies tackle common challenges legal firms face:
- Legal request intake and matter management
- Document management
- Public records request
- Document automation
- Transaction management
- Knowledge management
- Client engagement
Main features overview
The HighQ virtual data room offers a wide range of document processing and collaboration tools.
|Group of features||Description|
|File storage and sharing features||Drag-and-drop for fast and convenient file uploading.Hybrid storage for hosting files separately for legal and data-protection purposes.On-demand sync for downloading the documents for offline access and saving space on hard drives.|
|Social collaboration features||Private messages for fast and secure private communication.Wikis for creating and editing content in a collaborative environment.Blogs for sharing news, updates, and thoughts with other data room members.Comments for providing feedback or discussing documents.Tags for content categorizing and easier searching.|
|Task assignment and tracking features||Tasks module for creating tasks, sharing them with team members, and working together on a common goal.Timelines for building project timelines and tracking milestones.Events module for managing meetings, conference calls, or other events in the calendar.|
|Customization features||Look and feel customization for uploading a company’s logo, adjusting theme colors, and adding personal branding features.Document bundling template for setting background colors, attaching a logo, and adding header and footer information.|
|Extra features||Mobile applications for viewing, sharing, synchronizing, and managing files from a mobile device.Integrations for seamless integration with Microsoft Excel and other on-premise systems.|
Here are the main HighQ security features that help to protect confidential information that companies store and share on the platform:
- Two-factor authentication adds a layer of security by requiring a password and a code sent to a user’s phone with each access attempt.
- Dynamic watermarks appear on every page of a document when it’s viewed or printed. A watermark shows a user’s name, IP address, or email.
- Single sign-on allows a user to automatically log in to the data room without entering credentials.
- Granular permissions allow administrators to adjust user access permissions according to their project role.
- Customer-managed encryption keys let clients decide on the location of where the encryption keys will be stored.
A secure environment in data centers is also ensured by a number of security certifications earned by the company:
- ISO 27001:2013 defines the requirements for establishing, implementing, and maintaining information security management.
- GDPR focuses on data protection and privacy in the European Union and the European Economic Area.
- SOC 1, 2, and 3 define the principles of secure communication, risk management, control monitoring, and physical data access.
For a customized quote for HighQ virtual data rooms, prospects should contact the sales department by submitting a form on the company’s website. Sales representatives are good about responding to a potential client within one business day.
There are three HighQ pricing plans:
- HighQ Essentials for law firms. This plan is best for document management and team collaboration. It includes security, file storage and sharing features, solution templating, APIs, apps, and add-ins.
- HighQ Advanced for law firms. This plan is best for project, portfolio, litigation, and transaction management. It includes all Essentials features, plus configurable site dashboards, customizable content metadata, smart forms, task assignment, and tracking tools.
- HighQ Premium for law firms and corporations. This plan is best for workflow automation. It includes Essentials and Advanced features, plus AI-based document analysis, data visualization, workflow automation, and optical character recognition.
All HighQ plans allocate one GB of storage and five external users to each internal user.
Furthermore, HighQ offers a free demo. Customers need to submit a form on their website. A company expert will arrange a demonstration to show how the platform functions and highlight its benefits. However, a free trial isn’t available.
The HighQ dataroom is a cloud platform available for Windows and Mac operating systems and is compatible with all modern browsers like Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. A mobile app is also available for Android and iOS platforms and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store.
HighQ software is intuitive and fast to set up, even for less tech-savvy users. However, in case of questions or issues with software deployment, there’s an extensive knowledge base and a dedicated team to help new customers.
Customer support info
For users needing assistance with HighQ data rooms, there’s a HighQ global support team based in key locations around the world.
HighQ support specialists are available between 9 am and 6 pm, Monday to Friday, in each region. For inquiries outside of normal hours, there’s an emergency support group.
Users can contact the support team via email or phone. There’s also a HighQ knowledge center with videos, tips, and answers to the most common questions.
This affordable data room is decent, but it lacks some features, I feel. We were using it for almost a year, and now we’re switching to iDeals. I can’t say that HighQ is bad - we like it. But we kind of grew out of it. I would highly recommend this provider to new small companies.
HighQ is rather basic, and I didn’t spot anything unusual about it. It’s just a good data room with a standard set of features and a simple interface. It’s also quite affordable, and it was the main reason why we choose this vendor. As a startup, we can’t really spend much on a data room so far.
I really like that I could integrate HighQ with all the other tools my team is using. Thus, we’ve created a seamless workspace that’s convenient to use. Since we got this data room, I can tell we became more productive because everyone has quick access to all the required documents. Therefore, we don’t get stuck anymore, and our processes are accelerated greatly.