Intralinks Virtual Data Room Overview
Intralinks is a cloud-based virtual data room (VDR) software that provides secure document storing and sharing services for global banking and dealmaking.
Intralinks’s mission is to facilitate financial transactions, improve business processes, and ensure high-end security for all confidential documents shared via an online data room.
Below are a few facts about the Intralinks company:
- Intralinks was founded in 1996 by John Muldoon.
- It’s headquartered in New York, the United States, but global Intralinks locations count 23 offices in 15 counties across the globe.
- Intralinks introduced the virtual data room in 2002.
- SS&C Technologies acquired the company in 2018.
Intralinks use cases
The Intralinks data room is mainly used for capital raising, board reporting, mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, business development, restructuring, and board communications.
Decades of experience allowed Intralinks to become one of the most popular VDR providers in various industries, including:
- Life sciences
- Real estate
- Energy and power
- High-tech and telecommunications services (TMT)
Intralinks features overview
M&A Workflow is one of the strongest competitive features Intralinks provides. It specifically aims to facilitate M&A dealmaking by allowing for one-step document approvals and automatic publishing.
The scope of other features the Intralinks virtual data room provides can be divided into several categories: document management, user management, reporting, and document security.
Intralinks makes sure that it’s easy for users to manage large volumes of files and folders with the help of the following tools:
- Drag-n-drop upload. It lets you get the job done in just one click, enabling a bulk upload of many files.
- Auto indexing. All files and documents you upload to the Intralinks data room are automatically structured and indexed in folders.
- Advanced search. This feature helps partners or potential investors who review documents in the data room need to find needed files and documents in seconds.
Intralinks data room administrators control who has access to what. Below are the key features enabling doing that:
- View As feature. It allows the manager or administrator to check how a particular file will look from a certain perspective before granting access to other users. It minimizes the risk of confidential information disclosure.
- Granular permissions. This feature enables admins to set certain user roles to allow only authorized parties access to critically sensitive files.
- User authentication. Due to this feature, admins can rest assured that only authorized users can view corporate documents.
Intralinks provides reporting and analytics options that allow administrators to track and analyze all actions inside a data room. This is possible with the help of the following services:
- Insights dashboard. It provides activity results at the group, user, and document levels.
- Interactive diagrams. They graphically present an analysis of users’ actions and identify the most popular documents.
Intralinks provides several document security features for ensuring the protection of confidential information about your company.
- Watermarking. You can enable customizable dynamic watermarks to appear on top of every document every time it’s viewed, downloaded, or printed.
- AI redaction. You can redact any part of a file, document, or picture that is personally identifiable, so that no one can view it.
- Granular document permissions. These are helpful when many individuals have access to the data room — you can set certain document permissions for every user so that sensitive info is kept private from unauthorized views.
Intralinks claims to be one of the world’s most secure online data rooms. The vendor takes a variety of safety measures, including:
- Multiple data centers. Intralinks has servers located in the US, Germany, Australia, and the UK.
- Multi-factor authentication. To enter the Intralinks data room, every user needs to verify their identity.
- Certifications and compliance. Intralinks is GDPR and SOC 2 Type II compliant and ISO 27001 certified.
Intralinks data room pricing
Intralinks employs a quote-based pricing structure. This means that Intralinks offers customized pricing based on needed services. Factors include company size, storage capacity, and project duration.
To get a personalized quote, contact a sales representative or the support team.
All prospects also get a demo session where a company’s specialist guides them through the process of using an Intralinks VDR and its services.
Intralinks is primarily a web-based SaaS software solution. It means you don’t need any extra software or apps to use their data room.
However, Intralinks also has dedicated apps for mobile device and desktop usage. The Intralinks app operates perfectly on macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android.
You can also easily log in to your account via a mobile browser.
If you experience trouble while using Intralinks, you can contact a knowledgeable support team member via email, phone, or chatbot. The team is available 24/7 and speaks multiple languages.
The overall experience of using Intralinks VDR is satisfying. I especially enjoyed the quality of the support I’ve got — everyone on the support team seems to be professional and knowledgeable. However, I would enjoy a more modern interface and a bunch of new features that would make my user experience even better.
It seems like everyone heard about Intralinks, so we kinda went with the flow when we picked this provider. We’re using it for almost a year now, and to be honest, I feel like there are better and cheaper options on the market. This data room is decent, but it’s overpriced a bit.
I own a firm that offers financial services, and I needed a loud name to play the role of my data room provider so that my clients feel safer sharing their information with my employees. I’m quite satisfied with the features, but we don’t really need many of them.
My company is using Intralinks for M&A for quite a long time, and it offers us all the features we need. Of course, other providers might offer more tools, but I feel like we don’t need those. I especially like the dashboard that allows me to quickly understand what’s going on in the data room.
We needed a data room for the upcoming M&A, and we didn’t do much research. We just picked Intralinks because it seemed to be a trusted provider. In general, I like the data room, especially the dashboard. But now I can see that there are cheaper and better options. So I think, we will switch to one of them.
Intralinks is my first data room, and I didn’t really know what to look for. It’s quite good, but it lacked customization in my opinion. I think it’s important to be able to alter the appearance of the data room and add your branding to look more solid before partners.