Onehub Data Room Overview
Onehub is an American virtual data room provider headquartered in Seattle. Since 2007, Onehub has delivered a leading file-sharing service to over a million users worldwide. It targets businesses of all sizes in real estate, energy, financial services, healthcare, legal, and other sectors.
So what is Onehub, what problems does it solve, and how much does it cost? Today’s Onehub review will uncover this all.
Onehub is an all-in-one secure file storage and collaboration platform working as a client portal, remote workspace, virtual data room, and secure document repository. It allows companies to:
- Arrange remote working environments
- Close merger-and-acquisition deals
- Hold board meetings
- Raise funds
- Securely share files online
- Reach out to clients
- Ensure regulatory compliance
Most importantly, Onehub is a file-sharing service built around cloud security. It makes all these tasks highly secure and confidential, allowing you to control each step of every party involved.
Main features overview
Onehub software offers the following collaboration and file-sharing features.
|Group of features||Description|
|Content management||Drag-and-drop file upload for populating your workspaces with files and folders directly from your device.|
FTP getaway for uploading files and folders over 5 GB and setting up the entire data room in one go.
Move-and-copy feature for rearranging files and folders across your workspace.
Automatic indexing for keeping your content organized.
|Content viewing||Full-content search for locating workspaces, folders, business files, tasks, and text using keywords and filters.|
File viewer — works with 29 file formats.
File previews for opening file thumbnails.
|Collaboration and communication||Task tracker for allowing your collaborators to remain hyper-organized.|
Comments for supporting live discussions and delivering feedback to collaborators.
Messages and emails for centralizing workspace communications and improving team productivity.
|Customization||Custom domains for supporting stronger brand awareness, transferring your workspace to a domain name of your choice.|
White label environment for embedding your company logo, brand colors, workspace themes, and branded emails.
Custom agreements for requiring users to sign NDAs and other contracts before accessing your environment.
|User management and activity||Audit trails for keeping tabs on what’s happening in your workspace, from document views and logins to comments and tasks.|
Activity reports for analyzing your project performance with insights on the last 10,000 user actions.
Instant notifications for updating collaborators.
|Extra features||Onehub integrations for extending your data room functionality with DocuSign, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office Online.|
API support for accessing Onehub data from a client’s perspective.
Full mobile compatibility for managing your documents on mobile devices.
Onehub offers industry-leading protection options to securely store your data:
- Two-factor authentication reduces unauthorized access risks by enabling a login code sent to user devices.
- 256-bit data encryption protects Onehub files against hacks at rest and in transit.
- Role-based access controls introduce seven access levels to private workspaces, folders, and files.
- Object-level security disables actions for specific folders, files, and projects.
- Automatic document watermarking protects your business file copyrights.
- Session timeouts sign out users from Onehub upon reaching the inactivity threshold.
- Single sign-on (SSO) reduces possible cyberattacks by limiting user logins and password sets.
- Customizable password difficulty forces users to create strong passwords.
- Stealth collaboration hides Onehub members from each other to reduce security risks.
Onehub complies with the leading security standards to ensure up-to-date data protection:
- GDPR is the world’s strictest standard defining cybersecurity principles for businesses.
- ISO 27001 defines information security guidelines for over 40,000 organizations worldwide.
- HIPAA determines data protection measures for sensitive medical information.
- FISMA ensures government-level data protection standards.
- PCI DSS Level 1 robustly protects client payment details.
- SSAE 16 characterizes how companies report their compliance controls.
Onehub pricing policies include four subscription plans:
- Standard at $15 per user per month. This plan offers up to 50 workspaces, 200 users, 1 TB of cloud storage, and role-based permissions. It serves as a secure file repository for small businesses to exchange documents online.
- Advanced at $25 per user per month. This plan offers unlimited storage, 200 workspaces, and 1,000 users. It offers comprehensive Onehub file-sharing options, like full-text search or FTP support, and advanced security features, like two-factor authentication and session timeouts. This plan suits mid-sized businesses aiming for a robust file-sharing solution.
- Data Room Edition at $375 per month. This plan also provides unlimited storage, up to 1,000 users, and 200 workspaces. Additionally, it unlocks all Onehub features, including custom branding, object access controls, secure links, and app integrations. It serves as a fully-functional data room for working on complex business deals.
- Unlimited Edition at $575 per month. This plan provides an unlimited number of users, storage, and workspaces and includes all features of the previous subscription. It suits multinational enterprises with thousands of employees and contractors.
You save 20% by paying annually. Additionally, Onehub offers a 14-day, cancel-any-time free trial, allowing you to test essential data room features to see whether they satisfy your requirements. Also, you can schedule a 30-min free live demo to explore Onehub features.
Onehub is a cloud service available on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. To start using this platform, create an account and transfer files to your virtual data rooms using your desktop or mobile browser.
You can also download an iOS mobile app from the App Store at no additional cost. As per reviews on G2, GetApp, and SoftwareAdvice, Onehub is easy to learn and navigate. However, if you experience technical issues, you can submit a support ticket.
Customer support info
This company provides timely and reliable customer support via online chat, email, and phone. Also, you can access a dedicated support page with service documentation. As for onboarding assistance, a personal account manager will help you set up your workspace during a free trial period. However, businesses only receive limited admin and user guidance compared to Onehub alternatives, as no webinars or in-person consultations are available.