ShareVault Data Room Overview
Sharevault is a leading American virtual data room provider that helps companies manage sensitive data securely. Founded in 2003 as Pandesa Corporation and rebranded in 2010 as Sharevault, this company provides a virtual data room solution to over 100,000 businesses in 48 countries.
What is a Sharevault data room, how much does it cost, and how can your company benefit from it? Keep reading to find this out.
Sharevault data room is a secure, easily-deployable file-sharing platform developed for information-intensive business processes. Businesses use this virtual data room solution for due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, asset sales, restructuring and turnarounds, fundraising, and more.
It helps companies of all sizes in life sciences, energy, legal, investment banking, real estate, and other industries simplify the following tasks:
- Document control
- Due diligence management
- Team communication
- Transaction management
Main features overview
Sharevault supports the following document management and collaboration features.
|Group of features||Description|
|Content organization||Unlimited drag-and-drop file upload for setting up a data room quickly.|
Automatic PDF conversion with over 40 supported file formats for keeping your document structure consistent from day one.
Zip upload feature for transferring large volumes of information quickly.
Drag-and-drop content reordering for rearranging confidential documents in an instant.
Index auto-numbering for navigating content quickly and saving time on due diligence tasks.
|Content viewing||Full-text search and smart filters for locating content within projects, folders, files, and pages.|
Hierarchical tags for placing a file in different locations and improving due diligence lists.
Zoomable thumbnails for previewing documents and reducing extra clicking
Infinite scrolling feature for getting a broader perspective on available documents within each folder.
In-built file reader and player for viewing text, audio, and video files.
|Collaboration||Q&A module for increasing communication between deal parties, investors, and company departments.|
Q&A workflows for setting multi-level subject matter approvals.
|Data room customization||Enforceable agreements for letting involved parties sign custom NDAs, CDAs, and LOIs.|
Custom branding for placing your company logo in the web app and creating a custom URL for your login page.
|User activity||Interactive activity reporting for getting a bird’s eye view of what’s happening in your data room.|
Detailed audit trail for capturing over 70 types of data room actions, from page views and logins to document edits and downloads.
|Extra features||Mobile apps for keeping your business running smoothly on mobile devices.|
Platform integrations for extending ShareVault’s capabilities with SSO, APIs, OneDrive, DocuSign, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, and SharePoint.
Life science features for working with CTD, SAS, and Graphic Prism documents commonly used in the biotech industry.
Sharevault offers enterprise-grade security features, like encryption and key management, to protect confidential documents and workflows:
- Two-factor authentication provides an extra protection layer requiring users to enter a code sent as SMS or via an authentication app.
- AES 256-bit data encryption at rest and transit makes your business files practically unhackable.
- Customer-managed encryption keys allow for reducing data break risks to a minimum.
- Granular access settings at the user, group, folder, and file levels ensure the highest level of data privacy.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) improves usability and security within your organization by reducing logins and, therefore, password-targeted cyberattack surfaces.
- Dynamic watermarking adds extra protection to viewable and downloadable files, ensuring that nobody alters them without your permission.
- Document-level controls disable unauthorized viewing, editing, downloading, printing, screen capturing, and other actions.
Sharevault ensures consistency and compliance regarding its security features thanks to the following certifications:
- SOC 1,2,3 certificates verify sensitive information, architecture, and physical security compliance.
- ISO 90001, 27001, 27017, and 27018 ensure that customer service and information security meet the highest standards.
- DoD CC SRG IL2 defines the best information storage, processing, and transfer practices.
- HIPAA defines security standards for medical information.
- HITRUST ensures the company complies with the latest security practices while handling medical data.
- FedRAMP Moderate determines cloud computing security standards for working private information.
You can select from the following Sharevault pricing plans:
- Sharevault Express. This plan offers basic analytics, document organization, and content viewing features, and robust security options. It is the best option for one project with limited parties involved.
- Sharevault Pro. It offers advanced security options, like file expiration dates, and provides all available content organization features. Mid-sized companies choose it for multiple projects, due diligence, and transaction management.
- Sharevault Enterprise. This plan unlocks all Sharevault features, including Q&A workflows, in-built integrations, and customer-managed encryption keys. You can choose it for a complete M&A cycle, fundraising, bankruptcy and restructuring, and other complex business deals.
This company offers tailor-made pricing quotes available upon request. You can also visit the Sharevault pricing page and see what features are enabled under each subscription plan.
Beyond that, Sharevault offers a 7-day free trial, allowing you to test all available data room features. Additionally, you can schedule a personalized live demo to see this data room in action.
Sharevault is a web-based platform available in your browser and compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. You can access this data room in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari browsers or Android and iOS mobile apps.
Based on dozens of Sharevault reviews on Capterra, G2, and GetApp, this platform offers an intuitive user experience and is super-easy to deploy.
All you need to do is send files using the drag-and-drop feature, invite users, and configure privacy settings. If you experience difficulties with the platform, you can use an in-built help desk or contact technical support.
Customer support info
Sharevault offers unrivaled customer service for both ordinary and urgent matters. For example, it provides 24/7365 free telephone, online chat, and email support for end users and admins worldwide.
Additionally, you can address a dedicated project manager supporting you throughout your experience with Sharevault.
Lastly, you can schedule one-on-one training sessions and webinars to accelerate onboarding and maximize your data room’s potential.